TOOCKIES scrubbers are made of raw, GOTS certified organic cotton and natural jute plant fibers.
- The scrubbers are a fantastic plastic-free alternative to the usual plastic sponge/scourer.
- They are non-abrasive and non-scratching.
- They can be used on pots, pans, sinks, bathrooms and even to clean your vegetables..
- The cloths are very durable and machine washable.
- Toockies scrubbers are made of raw and untreated plant materials, and is therefore compostable and bio-degradeable
- These products are handmade under FAIRTRADE conditions near Kolkata in India. Each product has the name of the knitter attached
- All products are not tested on animals and vegan.
- Toockies Scrubbers considers all ethical aspects by being organic, Fairtrade and sustainable from cradle to cradle. Size: APPROX 19 x 19 CM
All Toockies products are Fairtrade certified. When we purchase the cotton yarn from the mill in India, we receive a certificate with a Control Union stamp, the cotton is GOTS certified.
Fairtrade. The women who participate in this project are taught how to knit at a local community center, where a bathroom has been built just for them. The knitters take home a little roll of yarn, and once a week they drop off finished products, where a quality check is facilitated. There is a doctor present who gives the knitters and their children a free check-up.
Handmade in India by women in a fairtrade project, managed by a local NGO called “Promise Charitable Trust”